attorney referral network
- The Legal LABB is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- Participants of the network must be members of the Florida Bar in good standing.
- Participants operate their own independent law firms or work for a private firm.
- Funding: The program is funded through attorney subscription fees.
- Program requires that participants take cases serving moderate-income clients and provide a free initial consultation.
- The panel attorney agrees to represent moderate income clients for a sliding scale fee of $75-$175 per hour and will receive referrals from our FL Bar approved referral service.
- Malpractice Insurance: Participants are not required to have and maintain malpractice insurance but is encouraged to have coverage (min $100,000/$300,000).
- Length of time in program: There is a minimum term of 12 months required. However, participation is renewed annually and attorneys are invited to participate as long as they continue their law practice, find the program useful, and want to continue to receive case referrals.
- Cost to participate: we are currently waiving our participation fee as we build our network to assist more modest means clients